Come and join us for a spectacular evening of music performed by Ensemble Reza, children from seven local schools and our own Community Orchestra featuring music based on the acclaimed BBC Ten Pieces Programme, including extracts from:
- GRIEG: In The Hall of the Mountain King
- BIZET: Habanera and Toreador Song from Carmen
- VAUGHAN WILLIAMS: The Lark Ascending (soloist Lucy Jeal)
- STRAVINSKY: Finale from The Firebird Suite
The BBC Ten Pieces aims to open up the world of classical music to young people and is being widely promoted throughout the whole UK. We have developed this initiative with partners Burgess Hill Symphony Orchestra by inviting adults to get involved as well by joining our Community Orchestra.
Together with partners West Sussex Music, Ensemble Reza musicians are currently running composition workshops in seven local schools. Over 250 students are composing their own musical responses to a selection of the BBC Ten Pieces, which they will perform at our Festival Concert.
This promises to be a brilliant evening, celebrating music making in our schools and community with over 350 musicians including students from:
- Oathall Community College
- Blackthorns Community Primary School
- Harlands Primary School
- St Giles C of E Primary School
- Bolnore Village Primary School
- Holy Trinity C of E Primary School
- Northlands Wood Community Primary School
Ensemble Reza, musicians from Burgess Hill Symphony Orchestra and West Sussex Music
Conductor: by Lee Reynolds.
Tickets are selling fast and are only available online from Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org and cost £8 for adults and £5 for under 18’s.